There is a moment of expectation that precedes creation of something new. Our spirit quickens when the gift arrives but also fears the unknown.
- Perhaps some new art project we’d like to try
- Maybe a class that tugs on our heart
- A new friendship we’d prayed for and yet hesitate to pursue
Sure, we can extend the expectation:
- Go out and buy more supplies
- Rationalize; I’m overwhelmed with life. I’ll sign up for the class next time.
- Put off the coffee time with our potential friend
Yet, at some point, we need to unwrap the ribbons that bind us and tear off our paper fears. We must stare our anxiety in the eye and… open the gift.