Venture over to my creativity website to learn how to make a vintage frame. This DIY project is easy to do and will provide a wonderful way to recycle your old frames and jewelry
This is a DIY post to show you how to make a vintage frame. Besides providing you with an enjoyable craft activity, a vintage frame project can motivate you to recycle old frames and jewelry pieces. Suggested supplies are listed below, and I have placed links for suggested supplies throughout the post. (Links provided through Amazon Associates affliates program.):
- DecoArt Weathered Wood Crackling Medium
- A wood frame
- Acrylic paint
- Amazing E-6000 glue
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Gold alphabet letter beads
- Gold Leaf adhesive
- Gold Leafing flakes
1. Brush the crackling medium over the wood frame. Try to spread the medium evenly.
2. Allow the crackling medium to dry for at least 60 minutes.
3. Brush ivory-colored paint over the frame.
4. Allow the paint to dry.
5. Glue accessories onto the frame, such as pieces of lace and bows. I use “Amazing E-6,000” glue in addition to a hot glue gun so the items will hold.
6. Add other items. These are a selection of beads and jewelry items. Consider using pieces of jewelry you don’t wear anymore.
7. Glue a piece of brown netting onto the frame and then a piece of brown ribbon over the netting.
8. Glue the word “remember” using letter beads.
9. Brush Metal Leaf adhesive around the letters.
10. Apply the gold leafing with a paint brush and press down.
11. Add additional accessories.
Enjoy your vintage frame.
*A special thanks to Stan and Kadie for allowing me to use their wedding photo.
5 Replies to “How to Make a Vintage Frame”